Installing RPG-XML Suite 3.4.x
RPG-XML Suite is available as a fully-featured 30 day free trial. To request a trial and a free customized proof of concept program, please contact us.
- Unzip the downloaded file to C:\temp (or the directory of your choice).
- Create the *SAVF to upload to on your IBM i:
CRTSAVF FILE(QGPL/RXS) AUT(*ALL)
- FTP the file RXS.SAVF from your PC to the IBM i. Open a DOS prompt (Start → Run → enter 'cmd' and hit enter). Type the following into the DOS prompt, replacing the IP address with that of your IBM i. When prompted, enter your IBM i username and password.
quote site namefmt 0
put RXS.savf RXS.savf
- Issue the following IBM i commands: The value 'RXS' is used to denote where the base install of RPG-XML Suite should reside. Note that 8181 is the default port your RXS runs under in Apache. Change it to meet your needs. The default of 8181 should be fine 99% of the time.
RSTLIB SAVLIB(RXS) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/RXS) RSTLIB(RXS)
CRTRXSSVR HTTPSVR(*RXSLIB) RXSLIB(RXS) PORT(8181)
- Registration - When you downloaded RXS, you should have been prompted to enter in a valid email address. An email should have been sent to that address specifying an APYLIC command similar to the one below. Issue the emailed command using copy-and-paste to avoid input errors.
APYLIC LICKEY(<<insert key that was emailed to you>>) PRODUCT(RXS)
- Start the HTTP server using the below command:
HTTP HTTPSVR(RXS) OPTION(*START)
- Please check the value of the QSECURITY system value:
If the value is 30 or lower, then you can proceed to the next step.
If the value is 40 or above, please ensure that the value of QALWUSRDMN is *ALL, or optionally add RXS to the list of libraries:
- Open your internet browser and enter the following while substituting your IBMi IP address:
You should see a page used for general debugging of the RPG-XML Suite Router. If you see this page, then RPG-XML Suite is installed properly.