Upgrading UPS Toolkit for i
- @@ is the version number of the source/current version level (example: 10)
- ### is the version number of the target/new version level (example: 20)
- Unzip the downloaded file to C:\temp (or the directory of your choice).
- Create the *SAVF to upload to on your IBM i:
CRTSAVF FILE(QGPL/UPSTI###) AUT(*ALL)
- FTP the file UPSTI.SAVF from your PC to the IBM i. Open a DOS prompt (Start → Run → enter 'cmd' and hit enter). Type the following into the DOS prompt, replacing the IP address with that of your IBM i. When prompted, enter your IBM i username and password.
quote site namefmt 0
put UPSTI.savf UPSTI###.savf
- Perform a full backup of your UPSTI library.
- Execute the following IBM i command to upgrade the UPSTI library (this is all one command):
RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(UPSTI) MBROPT(*ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*FILELVL *OWNER) OMITOBJ((LICP) (UPSACCT) (UPSCFG) (UPSUSER)) RSTLIB(UPSTI) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/UPSTI###)
- Execute the following IBM i command to restore updates to necessary files in the IFS (this is all one command):
RST DEV('/QSYS.LIB/UPSTI.LIB/IFS.FILE') OBJ(('/ktprod/upsti' *INCLUDE '/ktprod/upsti')) CRTPRNDIR(*YES) PRNDIROWN(QSYS) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)