UPS Toolkit for i Release Notes
The current version of UPS Toolkit for i is 2.9.0, and was released January 27th, 2022.
2.9.0Upgrading to this release may require code changes and recompilation of some or all programs that use UPSTI subprocedures.
- Added signature image and POD letter handling to UPS_tracking()
- Added new example program: T_TK_SIG - signature image and POD letter retrieval
UPS_shipConfirm()Programs that call this API will need to be recompiled when upgrading to this release.
- Resolved issue with UPS_shipConfirm() not correctly loading form record for Invoice requests
- Enhanced UPS_shipConfirm() for additional international Invoice handling
- Added constants to UPS copybook for international invoice form types -
- Corrected length for VALUE in UPSSCRQPD from
19P 6. This will require recompilation for any programs using UPS_shipConfirm().
- Added new example program: T_SC_INTL - international invoice creation (must also call T_SA to generate the full invoice PDF)
- Updated all example programs to use
- Enhanced performance for internal licensing code
- Corrected issue which caused some child table records to be generated with incorrect unique IDs. Child records should now have PID values that match the unique IDs of the parent record in all circumstances
- Added fields to UPSSCRQ to support UPS SurePost®:
- USPSENDRS - USPS Endorsement
- USPSSUBCLS - USPS Sub Class
- Added fields to UPSSARSPK to support UPS SurePost®:
- NMACURCD - Non-Machineable Charges Currency Code
- NMAVAL - Non-Machineable Charges Monetary Value
- SPDASCURCD - SurePost® DAS Charges Currency Code
- SPDASVAL - SurePost® DAS Charges Monetary Value
- Added T_SUREPOST to demonstrate calling UPS_shipConfirm() and UPS_shipAccept() to create a UPS SurePost® shipment
- Corrected issue which caused UPSXVRS to be populated incorrectly in some scenarios
2.7.0Upgrading to this release may require code changes and recompilation of some or all programs that use UPSTI subprocedures.
UPS_tracking()Programs that call this API will need to be recompiled when upgrading to this release.
- Enhanced API to allow TrackingOption to be specified in UPSTKRQ to support Mail Innovations tracking. As part of this enhancement, the package and tracking number fields in the UPSTKRQ and UPSTKRSPK were expanded to support the longer Mail Innovations tracking numbers
- Corrected issues preventing activity address lines from being properly populated in some circumstances
- Enhanced printer output to support longer ZPL lines
- Enhanced API with new indicator fields for address validity and ambiguity
- Modified behavior of indicator fields in UPSXVRS so that the false condition is populated if an indicator is not present
- Corrected issue preventing proper retrieval and decoding of SED forms in some cases
- Resolved intermittent decimal data areas when using certain international forms
- Corrected issue preventing PartiesToTransaction field being sent as part of the request
- Enhanced API to allow shipper address data to be specified in UPSSCRQ, which will override the address data specified in UPSACCT for that request
- Improved error handling to better capture error data returned by UPS