Upgrading Image Processor for i
- @@ is the version number of the source/current version level (example: 10)
- ### is the version number of the target/new version level (example: 20)
- Unzip the downloaded file to C:\temp (or the directory of your choice).
- Create the *SAVF to upload to on your IBM i:
CRTSAVF FILE(QGPL/IPI###) AUT(*ALL)
- FTP the file IPI.SAVF from your PC to the IBM i. Open a DOS prompt (Start → Run → enter 'cmd' and hit enter). Type the following into the DOS prompt, replacing the IP address with that of your IBM i. When prompted, enter your IBM i username and password.
quote site namefmt 0
put ipi.savf ipi###.savf
- Perform a full backup of your IPI library.
- Execute the following IBM i command to upgrade the IPI library (this is all one command):
RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB(IPI) MBROPT(*ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*FILELVL *OWNER) OMITOBJ((LICP)) RSTLIB(IPI) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/IPI###)
- Execute the following IBM i command to restore updates to necessary files in the IFS (this is all one command):
RST DEV('/QSYS.LIB/IPI.LIB/IFS.FILE') OBJ(('/krengeltech/gm' *INCLUDE '/ktprod/ipi/install')) CRTPRNDIR(*YES) PRNDIROWN(QSYS) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL)
- Execute the following IBM i command to enter the PASE shell to complete the installation:
- In the PASE shell, issue the following commands. Note that these may take multiple minutes to execute, and that you may see messages which look like errors. You can safely ignore all messages.
sh pkg_setup.sh pkg_GraphicsMagick-Q16-1.3.20-1.lst
- In the PASE shell, run the following command. You should see a lot of output. If you receive a message indicating "command not found", please contact support.